
“Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.”
I have one paper for this semester and it is in the end of this month. Instead of wasting time doing nothing, this is a good opportunity to share with you the book that I have read quite a few times:
The Zahir by Paulo Coelho.
Well, The Zahir is about the search of a famous writer for his wife who has left him. He has travelled from Paris to Kazakhstan just to look for his wife. He has learned a lot during his journey and has gotten to know people who changed his life forever. He didn't give up until he found his zahir, that one person he couldn't take off his mind for years.
I have just finished reading Paulo Coelho’s "The Zahir" again, and I think I love it the most among all the books I’ve read so far. According to the Encyclopedia of the Fantastic, "the Zahir, in Arabic, means visible, present, and incapable of going unnoticed. It is someone or something which, once we have come into contact with them or it, gradually occupies our every thought, until we can think of nothing else." The Zahir is for anyone who has found love, lost it, and gone mad.
“..there is nothing worse than the feeling that no one cares whether we exist or not, that no one is interested in what we have to say about life, and that the world can continue turning without our awkward presence”
No comments:
Post a Comment