Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Goodbye Cristiano Ronaldo


I will surely miss him - maybe a lot, maybe not so much it all depends on how the rest of the players step up and how the new signings fit in.

We are 2 years behind schedule on rebuilding, as Nani and Anderson have not shown they are capable of replacing Giggs and Scholes - a major problem. We have to replace Ronaldo and Tevez, we may have to replace Hargreaves if he cannot get fit, Rio is clearly a constant injury risk so we need another back up central defender behind Jonny Evans. Hopefully Wes Brown can give us a full season and with Rafael learning we should not miss Gary Neville.

Back to Ronaldo, I have watched United since primary school and no player in that time excites me like Ronaldo did. Keane and Cantona, Beckham and Giggs all are great players that we have been priveleged to call our own..but Ronaldo was something really special. He is a true talent the likes of which we may not see again in a very long time. I'm just glad that he played for Man United for 6 years and helped us to many accolades. I'm of course disappointed that he's leaving but I don't wish anything but the best for him. He said before he dreamed of playing for Real Madrid since he was a boy. I'm certainly not about to vilify anyone who is following their heart to achieve their dreams. Thanks Ronny we will miss you, but hopefully not too much. Thanks for the good times.

No comments: